Do you have a family member who has trouble moving around their house?
Do you need to quickly make their home (or your home) more accessible?
There are a few Everett remodeling contractors who specialize in light construction projects that help people with mobility issues. These remodeling projects can often help these people stay in their homes longer instead of having to move out.
These projects can help anyone who has a mobility issue. They are often made for someone who is suddenly having to use a wheelchair or a walker.
What Are the Common Types of Projects?
1. Building a wheelchair ramp for easier access into a home.
2. Redesigning a first-floor space in order to support a large hospital bed and medical equipment.
3. Kitchen remodeling to make it easier to perform kitchen tasks and provide the homeowner more independence.
4. Bathroom remodeling so the homeowner can access the shower and toilet areas easier.
5. Installing a stair lift or elevator.
Can’t I Just Do It Myself?
The problem with many do-it-yourself home construction projects is they are usually completed by someone who really doesn’t have much experience doing it. Plus, people are busy and they usually end up trying to do it in a hurry.
The end results of many DIY projects often don’t look good and they will have a negative impact on the market value of the house when it is put up for sale one day.
A professional Everett contractor has the experience and knowledge to understand which type of renovations and changes you need, plus they know how to perform those changes in a way so future home buyers will see your renovations as actual improvements to the home.
You can find one of these Everett WA home contractors that will help out with making your home easier to use for anyone with a new physical challenge.
Wondering How to Start?
It’s pretty easy really – just make a phone call.
Ask a few questions. Get some good advice.